December 22, 2016
Wow, where did the year go – it seems like only yesterday that we were looking at the work schedules for 2016! It’s certainly been a busy time, providing marquees for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions, along with working on many events for our corporate clients. It makes for a great mix throughout the year and it’s a pleasure to be able to play a small but significant part in some memorable events. So what have been some of Inside Outside’s highlights?
- In a year of momentous sporting achievements, especially in Rio, it was a pleasure to again provide marquees for the Remenham Club during Henley Royal Regatta. As well as enjoying some fabulous catering and hospitality, guests also witnessed many of Team GB’s rowers in action prior to travelling to Brazil – what a treat.
- In September several of our marquees were filled with amazing displays and heady floral scents during RHS Garden Wisley’s annual flower show. Just as the flowers were bursting with colour, so our marquees were bursting with visitors – 52,000 over six days. And that was despite some very dodgy weather!
- We were back at RHS Garden Wisley throughout December with our beautifully themed Christmas party marquee. This is a new venture and we’re delighted that the companies who hosted their Christmas parties here had such a wonderful experience. Watch out for a review early in the new year!
- Sometimes the oddest jobs come our way. Our biggest challenge came in the shape of eight tonnes of security scanning equipment that needed to be shown off at an annual symposium – and with only two weeks’ notice to arrange everything. Needless to say, we came up with a solution and successfully worked around the constraints of the venue.
- Our directory of recommended suppliers gives clients so much more confidence that their event will be everything they want it to be when they select from that list. It’s a pleasure to work with businesses that genuinely care about providing a quality service, and our regular supplier networking events have seen working relationships forged and go from strength to strength.
- The tail end of 2016 has also seen the introduction of our event coordination service. Anyone planning a special event now has the option to hand over the headache of organising all the details to Lucy who deftly makes mincemeat of such headaches (seasonal joke!).
It would be wrong to sign off without mentioning the great team of people at Inside Outside. Everyone is committed to providing a quality service, but our unsung heroes are surely the construction crews who work so hard at each and every site to get the marquees erected safely and securely – they keep going whatever the weather and are quick to find effective solutions to any unforeseen problems that may arise.
Finally, we’d like to take the opportunity to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. We’ll be taking a short break for the festivities and will be ready and raring to go with plenty of exciting events in 2017!
Do you have a date in mind for a special event in 2017? Call us on 01372 459485 or email email@example.com to find out more about our marquees.