February 24, 2021
Client: A major UK construction company
Demo Suite Marquee Construction: Looking for a suitable space to house a demonstration bathroom suite for their hotel chain client, a major construction company approached Inside Outside and asked them to provide a secure marquee.
The marquee, which would house a shower cubicle, toilet and sink, would need to be situated within three standard sized car parking spaces in London’s Canary Wharf. Due to the marquees exposed location and the solid ground upon which it would be built, the marquee would need to be held in place safely using non-standard securing solutions.
Design and build a suitable and secure non-standard size marquee to fit the available space with less than four working days lead time.
- Short lead time.
- Available space of just 7.2 metres x 5 metres.
- Three metre marquee leg height required for clearance of shower cubicle.
- Marquee to be built upon solid ground/car park.
- The marquee would need to be secure and lockable.
- Exposed location: Solution required to secure marquee safely in place.
- Tight time window for client sign-off midway through day of build.
Following close consultation with the client Inside Outside were able to provide a bespoke 4m long by 6m wide frame tent marquee with 3m leg height. All security and safety requirements were carefully considered and suitable solutions provided. The demo suite marquee was supplied on a medium length hire basis.
- Rapid response: Time from initial consultation to client use – 3 ½ days
- Bespoke solution designed and signed off on priority timescales.
- Client checks and signoff carried out in accordance with client’s time-sensitive needs.
- 700Kg of ballast applied to each per marquee upright (leg) to safely secure the marquee in position.
- Solid UPVC walls provided.
- Fully lockable doors.
- LED ceiling lights installed.
- 3m leg heights.
- Bespoke 4m x 6m marquee design.