February 2, 2016
Pancake day is almost upon us! Charlotte Smallman from one of our recommended caterers Richmond Creative talks us through one of her favourite, unusual but delicious, pancake recipes:
‘We love pancakes. We are very lucky to be cooked lunch by our chefs every day that means Pancake Day has always been as fun at work as it is at home. Nostalgia sets in but the simple squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of sugar is not enough for our talented chef brigade.
Typically our office team stays away from the stove but an excuse to toss the pancake the highest and claim the victory is too much to avoid. Our Pancake Day menu this year is set to be another exciting breakfast menu we would love to share with you and thought it would be nice to try something a little different.
I asked our chef, Geoff Curtis for his favourite pancake recipe that we would love to share with you’.
Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana Pancake Calzone
135g Plain flour
5g Baking powder
30g Caster sugar
20g Peanut butter
30g Melted butter, slightly cooled
1 large egg
130ml Whole milk
Butter for greasing the pan
Filling – Smoky Bacon and Banana. Garnish with maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar.
- In separate bowl, whisk egg and milk together, then whisk in melted butter.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl take a ladle of batter and mix with peanut butter, then fold back into all batter.
- Heat non-stick frying pan, brush with a little melted butter.
- Pour batter into pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface at this point add your filling and then fold pancake in half wrapping the filling.
- Cook for a minute, then flip and cook a further minute on other side.