January 31, 2018
We can probably safely say that January has provided plenty of winter blues, with atrocious weather and miserable grey days. The obvious antidote to this – apart from planning a party in some shape or form – is to book a holiday and have something to look forward to.
Tropical islands, blue skies, palm trees, crystal clear turquoise-coloured oceans – the promise of a glorious summer holiday in warmer climes has the knack of keeping us going for months!
So where is everyone going to be jetting off to?
We recently teamed up with holiday and honeymoon expert Sue Carne of Not Just Travel to create a Honeymoon Guide, which is packed full of inspiring ideas for honeymoon destinations and some very useful tips. Sue reports that trips to Malaysia, Croatia, the Greek Islands and the USA are currently in huge demand. She also pointed out a few other places that are likely to be popular.
- Egypt’s popularity has taken a nose dive in recent years following the decision to stop direct flights to Sharm el Sheikh in 2015. However, the rest of Egypt is very much still open for business and tourist numbers are once again rising. The good news is that top attractions such as the Valley of the Kings and the pyramids are relatively uncrowded, which makes for a truly amazing experience. This summer also sees the partial opening of Cairo’s Grand Egyptian Museum, where visitors will be able to enjoy seeing treasures such as the artefacts from Tutankhamun’s tomb in a new and spacious environment.
- Corsica has just become easier to get to thanks to Air Corsica and new flights from Stansted as of May. This is also true of the Seychelles, with British Airways introducing a new direct flight from London Heathrow.
- If you’re not already planning your holiday around the World Cup, we think that Russia will soon be on many holiday wish lists. Forget chasing match tickets, plan a trip to Russia to discover a unique culture, a fascinating past and make sure you get plenty of selfies in Moscow’s famous Red Square.
- Malta is a small island with a huge history. 2018 sees the island’s capital Valletta designated European Capital of Culture, so expect plenty of exciting events happening and projects such as a new museum of art being developed. It sounds like the perfect time to explore and discover!
- With more travelers seeking out new adventures, Argentina may just fit the bill. Low-flight costs make it an affordable destination that offers a rich mix of culture and stunning scenery.
- New Zealand may mean long haul, but it’s a place that will forever have a place in your heart. Whether you want to play homage to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy or fancy daily trips to wineries, New Zealand has much to offer.
- If you’ve ever watched the TV series Wallander you’ll know that Sweden boasts beautiful countryside, charming cottages and sandy beaches. The number one nation for health and wellbeing, Sweden could be just the destination to relax and recharge the batteries – whilst listening to Abba’s greatest hits of course.
Wherever you go have a great time and send us a postcard!